Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach
2365 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States
4.0/5 947 reviews
Soak in the Magic of Oahu at Our Historic Honolulu Hotel
Nestled oceanfront in the heart of Waikiki Beach, the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, introduced the world to Hawaiian hospitality in 1901. Lovingly referred to as the "First Lady of Waikiki," this legendary hotel has endured the test of time and remains one of Honolulu's most vibrant destinations.
Find a unique balance of timeless Victorian elegance and modern Hawaiian charm at our oceanfront resort, which showcases a full-service spa, fine dining at beachhouse at the moana and luxurious accommodations. Whether you're visiting Honolulu for the first time on your honeymoon or returning after many years, the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa graciously welcomes you to sunny Oahu.
Get these exclusive SPG® member benefits:
- Best Rates
Not an SPG Member?
Joining is quick, easy, and free. Join Now
LIMITED TIME OFFER- Pack For Paradise!
Save 50% on Ocean Views
Starwood Preferred Guest® members can now SAVE 50%* off Ocean View and other premium room categories for their next exotic Hawaiian island escape.
Book online now or call 866-716-8140 and mention rate plan SPG50PRO
*discount is on rack rate and is already reflected in the rate.
LIMITED TIME OFFER- Pack For Paradise!
Plan your next resort getaway and book by October 31, 2017 and get our best rates. Book now and enjoy:
- SPG® Members save an additional 5%
- Stay now through December 20, 2017
Not a SPG Member? Register Here.
SPG® Members Book online here or call 866-716-8141 and ask for rate plan SPGDS
Moana Experience Package
Experience the traditions of "The First Lady of Waikiki" with the new Moana Experience Package. With a minimum four-night length of stay, receive the following:
- Two welcome beverages under the shade of the resort’s iconic banyan tree at the Beach Bar
- One breakfast buffet for two at the Veranda overlooking Waikiki Beach
- Oceanfront dining and vibrant island-inspired cuisine at the Beachhouse at the Moana using your $150 dining credit
- One tea at the Veranda with an Afternoon Tea for two
- One full-day beach rental, complete with two beach chairs and an umbrella
- One 45 minute Couple’s Heavenly Spa Signature Massage in a private oceanfront spa suite at the Moana Lani Spa
- One First Lady of Waikiki historical keepsake book
Rates start at $433 per night in Historic Banyan accommodations and $543 per night in historic Banyan Ocean accommodations. These rates are based on double occupancy and require a minimum 4-night length of stay. Package inclusions retail value is approximately $800. Book online or call 866-716-8140 and ask for rate plan LZPKG1.
Club Lounge Special
Enjoy Beach Club Lounge access which provides the following offerings:
- Access to the Beach Club at the Moana for 2 Adults and 2 Children (ages 12 and under), a value of $125 per room, per night
- Enhanced Hot Breakfast
- Evening Appetizers - includes unlimited Beer & Wine
- Three (3) nights minimum length of stay required
Book online or call 866-716-8140 and ask for rate plan LBPKG1
Terms & Conditions
© 2017 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc
Hear from our guests about their stay from 947 verified guest reviews
75%of our guests
recommend this hotel
While moving my family across the ocean, we decided to take a week off in Hawaii during the first week of June. As much as I would have like to get a Platinum Upgrade to one of the larger suites for my family of four, Joo-ah was able to upgrade me to a room on the 29th floor with a nice view of the ocean during the middle of wedding season and celebrities who are able to afford those large suites far easier than I am! Although I never got to meet Jo the operator in person, she was very friendly anytime I spoke with her on the phone. We arrived at the hotel and had our bags delivered to our room by the friendly staff. They also offered to store our car seats and luggage, which freed up space in our room. We had the pleasure of having Keola check us in. He was very nice, and Joo-ah took the time to come greet us as well. The amazing customer service didn't end there. Bob, Nancy, Karen and many others in the food service department were very friendly. Karen took the time each day to strike up a conversation with myself and my family during breakfast. Bob and I traded jokes while he guarded the spectacular food for a photo shoot. I offered to help clean up by eating it all. The pool staff was amazing. Gloria, Lee, Isaac, Mo, Colin. They all treated my family with extra aloha. I appreciate Gloria watching the chairs to make sure pool patrons had a place to sit. I miss Lee's daily jokes and stories. Not to discredit anyone else in the review, but I could see myself hanging out with Isaac away from the resort if I were living in Hawaii again. Mo and Colin took great care of my family each day as well. After a week of living at the resort, I felt a genuine friendship with some of the staff. Not just because they are in the customer service industry, but do to a genuine kindness. I will miss the staff here. An interesting and unique thing they do here is play live music all day and into the evening by the pool bar. It was a nice touch. The courtyard with the pool and the bar shields you from the bustling uptempo Kalakaua Ave where all of Waikiki's main shops are located. The large banyan trees provide plenty of shade for you to relax under while watching the ocean, while you sip on drinks from the bar, sit poolside, etc. This is an excellent property with an excellent staff. I highly recommend this property.
- Check-in: 3:00PM
- Check-out: 11:00AM
- 791 rooms and suites
- SPG Category 6
- Onsite daily cultural activities
- Historical tour every Monday and Wednesday at 11AM
- Cabana Rentals
- Beach Club Lounge
- beachhouse at the moana
- Moana Lani Spa
- WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio
Find an Oasis of of Culinary Sophistication on Waikiki Beach
From sublime fine dining to elevated afternoon tea, the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, offers travelers to Honolulu unforgettable dining experiences. Savor modern island favorites at beachhouse at the moana or nibble on light fare under the Oahu sun at Beach Bar.
We are here to serve you and satisfy your taste for delicious dining:
- Steak and Seafood at Beachhouse at the Moana
- Breakfast, Lunch and Afternoon Tea at Veranda at the Beachhouse
- Tropical Beverages and Pupus at Beach Bar
- Stellar selection of Wines and vintage Beers at Vintage 1901
- Coffee, Pastries and Island Fruits at Surfrider Cafe
- beachhouse at the moana
- veranda at the beachhouse
- Beach Bar
- Vintage 1901
- Surfrider Cafe
Hours Of Operation
Memorable Oahu Events at the "First Lady of Waikiki"
- Five beautiful wedding venues to choose from
- Spectacular views overlooking Waikiki Beach
- 10,782 square feet of meeting space