“Mango Cocktail Mixdown” sponsored by Cruzan Rum and Beam Suntory is a competition between top mixologists using Cruzan Rum and mango as featured ingredients in a mixed drink. Six contestants will be competing before a panel of judges to win the title of Hawaii Cocktail Sessions 2014 Champion in partnership with Mangoes at the Moana. The final three contestants will receive gift baskets and the winner will receive a trophy and a two night stay in an ocean front room at the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa.
Where: Ballroom (Tower Wing, 3rd Flr.)
Judging/Awards: Saturday, July 19, 2014
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- The three finalists will meet in the Ballroom at 4:00 p.m. on July 19th for the start of the Cocktail Mix
- Down to produce their selected cocktail for judging. Basic ingredients required to produce the cocktails will be provided by the hotel. Any uncommon, specialty items needed should are the responsibility of the entrant.
- Judging begins at 4:00 p.m.
- The winner of the Cocktail Mix Down will be announced at 5:00 p.m.
- The winner will receive a two night stay in an oceanfront guestroom at the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa and a gift basket
Recipes will be judged on the following:
- Presentation (5 points)
- Flavor/mouth experience (8 points)
- Originality (5 points)
Recipes must include:
- Provided Vodka
- Some type of mango ingredient (puree, fresh fruit, etc.)
- Limit 7 ingredients including garnish using ONLY readily available ingredients
- The three finalists selected are required to provide the full recipe of the cocktail so that Southern Wine and Spirit mixologist can recreate the cocktails for the main event.
- All finalists will receive a gift basket.
- The winner will receive a 2 night stay at the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa in oceanfront accommodations, feature in the Star-Advertiser and other local media present at Mangoes at the Moana 2014.