Saturday, July 19, 2014
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This annual friendly cooking competition will feature 10 local celebrity chefs preparing creative dishes featuring mango as the main ingredient.
Admission is free and guests are welcome to taste each chef’s creation for $6 per script for one plate at each booth or $75 for all-you-can-taste. Pre-sale tickets may be purchased for $65 until July 18 by calling the Mango Hotline at 808-923-2811.
Participating chefs will be judged by a panel of celebrity judges including this year’s Top Chef finalist and Executive Chef of Spoon Bar and Pizzando in Healdsburg, California Louis Maldonado, Moana Surfrider’s General Manager Craig Anderson, and Moana Surfrider’s Executive Chef Ryan Loo.
A portion of the event’s proceeds will go to benefit Kapiolani Community College’s Culinary Program.
Participating chefs in the annual Mango Throw Down will include:
- Wade and Michelle Ueoka- MW Restaurant
- Conrad Aquino- Turtle Bay Resort
- Colin Hazama- Sheraton Waikiki
- Dave Caldiero- Town Restaurant
- Hardy Kintscher- Michel’s at the Colony Surf
- Leanne Wong- Koko Head Café
- Shaymus Alwin- Azure Restaurant
- Ronnie Nasuti- Tiki’s Grill & Bar
- David Lukela- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa
- Rodney Weddl- La Tour Cafe