A non-refundable deposit of $2,000.00 is required to confirm your function space and date. This means that your $2,000.00 deposit will not be returned to you if you cancel your event for any reason. Your $2,000.00 deposit will however, be applied to your final payment. Should you request to change the date of your function we will require an additional deposit (not refundable) of $2,000.00.
Prepayment of 50% of the expected food revenue, room rental, ceremony site fees and tax must be received no later than ninety (90) days prior to the date of your event. Full prepayment must be received no later than 30 days prior to the planned event. all prepayment is non-refundable.
A guarantee count of all attending guests is required at least three (3) business days prior to your event.
At the conclusion of the function, an itemized account, less deposit, will be presented to you. Any balance will be due upon the conclusion of the event, on the day of the event unless you have applied for and been approved for direct billing. Please be advised the approval process for direct billing requires approximately 30 days time. Please see your catering manager for details and application forms for direct billing if needed.
Function room minimum requirements & room rental fees:
Please note there are minimum food revenue requirements for the use of our function spaces.
These minimum revenue requirements are for food only, and do not include beverage or other charges.In addition to the required food minimums, all our event locations require a one time room rental/setup fee as shown. Additional set-up fees may apply for certain special requests. Please check with your catering sales manager. For non food/meal related functions (meetings, seminars, etc), the function space use will be based solely on meeting room rental rates. Discounts may apply off of these rates if food & beverage is ordered to be served in the same room being used for the event.
- All morning events are to held between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. within a maximum time frame of 3 hours
- All lunch events are to held between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. within a maximum time frame of 4 hours
- All dinner events are to held between 5:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. within a maximum time frame of 5 hours
- All "outdoor" dinner events must conclude by 10:00pm due to noise/sound restrictions
- All events on the moana beach to begin no earlier than 7:00 p.m. and end no later than 10:00 p.m.
All current banquet menus are now available for viewing on our new e-menu website
All menu prices and items are subject to change until such a time as banquet event orders (BEO's) have been signed and returned. Please note all standard food minimums and labor fees to apply based on function room location and final group pax counts.
- All buffet menus require a minimum of 30 adult guests for breakfast & lunch, 50 adult guests for dinner
- For sit-down / served meals, a minimum of 30 guests will be required for all meal periods
In the event the minimums are not met, an additional labor fee of $500.00 to $1,000.00 plus tax would apply based on the actual guest counts. please inquire with your catering sales manager.
Pricing for children eating from the adult buffet is as follows:
age 1-4 free
age 5-11 3/4 of the full price
age 12 & up full price
Due to licensing requirements and for quality control, all food and beverage served at hotel must be supplied and prepared by hotel. Menu prices will be confirmed on banquet event orders (beos). Due to board of health regulations, absolutely no food items may not be removed/taken out from any function room, during or after the event. All left over food will be discarded by the hotel staff.
Service Charge & Tax:
A service charge, currently 23% of the total food and beverage revenue (plus all applicable taxes), will be added to all food and beverage charges. Included as part of the service charge is a gratuity (currently 77% of total service charge) that is paid directly to food and beverage service staff. The remainder of the service charge is retained by hotel to cover non-itemized costs of the event. No other fee or charge, including, but not limited to, administrative fees, set up fees, labor fees, or bartender or food station fees, is a tip, gratuity, or service charge for any employee.
The hotel will allow for guests to bring in their own cake (wedding, birthday, anniversary, etc) to be served at a banquet event. Please ensure that your baker delivers and sets up in a timely and professional manner.
A labor charge of $3.00++ plus service charge and tax per person (all guests attending) will apply. This charge will cover the costs of plates, utensils, cutting, and serving. please be advised the hotel does not have any storage/refrigeration space for cakes. All cakes must be delivered directly to the function room on the day of the event, no earlier than 2 hours prior to the start of the event.
All deliveries shall be through the loading dock area located in the basement of the hotel. This applies to both client as well as vendor deliveries. Clients wishing assistance with their deliveries should plan to drop off monday through friday between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Clients are requested to call the catering office (923-2813) ten to fifteen minutes prior to arriving in the basement.
Vendors will be responsible for transporting their own equipment to and from the function areas. The hotel is not able to provide carts or wagons for vendor use.
No deliveries will be accepted at the porte cochere (main entrance to the hotel)
The parking facilities for the moana surfrider are located across the street at the sheraton princess kaiulani hotel (entrance through kaiulani avenue). Parking is based on a first come first serve basis and is not guaranteed. Valet parking service is available at the moana surfrider but is extremely limited. There is a high possibility the valet service will be shut down on days with high valet usage.
Current parking rates are as follows:
- Self parking: $5.00 per vehicle for up to 12 hours with banquet validation stamp
- Valet parking: $8.00 per vehicle for up to 12 hours with banquet validation stamp
- Normal hourly parking rates to apply after 12 hours
Prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
Limited valet parking is available to hotel & event patrons only. All vendors (florists, musicians, coordinators, etc) must self park at the princess kaiulani hotel located across the street. A parking validation stamp will be issued to you at the event. The parking validation stamp is the responsibility of the guest. If the stamp is not returned following the end of the function, a $100.00 fee will
Oversized Vehicle Policy:
Unfortunately, the moana surfrider, a westin resort does not have the facilities to park oversized vehicles. Oversized vehicles are those vehicles at 6 feet & 6 inches or taller, or vehicles too large to fit into the parking garage at the sheraton princess kaiulani hotel. All food and beverage patrons with oversized vehicles must find their own parking accommodations, this applies to both guest and hired vendors. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause you.
Guests / Sleeping Rooms:
For guests who wish to stay at our hotel in conjunction with your event, please contact the reservations center directly at (808)921-4640 and ask for the current "banquet function rate" or "best available rate". We recommend that you secure your rooms as soon as possible as rates are subject to availability and subject to change at anytime.
For groups who are able to guarantee a minimum of 10 sleeping rooms or more, there may be special group rates available for you. Please inquire with your catering sales manager for more details.
Brief descriptions of our function space:
Please take a virtual tour of the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort and Spa:
The Roof Garden & Lanai's:
The roof garden is a glass-enclosed room (large windows on all 4 sides) located on the 6th floor of the historic banyan wing. Two lanai areas overlook the pacific ocean & waikiki beach and are included with the use of the function space. The room seats a maximum of 40 guests for a served meal and up to 50 guests with limited seating for a cocktail reception. The room is equipped with a cd player and sound system which may be used at no additional charge. (The roof garden cannot accommodate a dance floor or a stage)
Diamond Lawn & Terrace:
The diamond lawn & terrace is our premier ocean front, outdoor function area featuring breathtaking views of waikiki beach and diamond head. The open grass diamond lawn area along with the terrace which features beautiful simulated white stone, can accommodate events of up to 300 guests+ for a seated dinner, or 400+ for a limited seating cocktail reception. A rain backup area or a tent can be arranged in the event of bad weather. Please see your catering manager for further details. For evening use, the area comes equipped with built in adjustable lighting, and a cd player sound system which may be used at no additional charge. Tiki torches and other props are also available for an additional fee to add that hawaiian touch to your outdoor event.
The ballroom is located on the 3rd floor of the tower wing. 16' foot high ceilings, beautiful chandeliers, large windows overlooking kalakaua avenue at tree-top level, and the traditional victorian décor. This room seats a maximum of 260+ guests for a plated or buffet-style meal and up to 300+ guests for a cocktail reception. The room may be divided in two via an air wall and rented separately as the ballroom 1 and ballroom 2. The room is perfect to use for meetings and features retractable projection screens on each side of the room (2 total), as well as a full cd player and sound system which may be used at no additional charge.
The Parlor Room:
The parlor room is located on the 3rd floor of the tower wing adjacent to our main ballroom. Featuring beautiful victorian décor, this room can be used for meal functions or meeting of up to 80+ guests, depending on the setup. The room features a retractable projection screen as well as a sound system which may be used at no additional charge.
The Board Room:
The board room is located on the 3rd floor of the tower wing adjacent to our main ballroom. Featuring beautiful victorian décor, this room can be used for meal functions or meeting of up to 50 guests, depending on the setup. The room features a retractable projection screen as well as a sound system which may be used at no additional charge.
Lani Kai Room:
Experience extraordinary views that feature the famous banyan tree and courtyard, be inspired as you gaze across the pool deck, towards waikiki beach, diamond head and out over the blue pacific ocean. This locale is ideal for meetings up to 80 guests and receptions up to 150+ guests. Need a break from the event at hand? The open-air lanai attached to the lani kai room is the perfect area to relax, re-energize and restore your spirit, this 500 square foot lanai provides the idyllic setting required to elevate your senses.
For All Functions:
- The hotel will provide the physical set-up of all tables, chairs, dance floor & staging (if applicable). The hotel will also provide the following: white linen tablecloths & napkins, chinaware, glassware, silverware, mirror centerpieces, table number stands, and candles. For meeting type events the hotel will supply paper pads & pens upon request. flip charts, whiteboards, telecommunications, high-speed internet access, and additional audio visual equipment available for an additional fee. Please inquire with the catering sales manager in advance.
- The hotel will be happy to assist you with the purchase and arrangement of flowers or entertainment at an additional charge. If you wish to make arrangements for your own vendors, please inquire with your catering sales manager, as additional fees and proof of liability insurance may be required.
- The hotel is not responsible for damage or loss of equipment or property belonging to clients and/or their guests. Arrangements may be made for security if needed. However, additional charges will apply.
- For the safety of our guests, firecrackers and pyrotechnics are prohibited on hotel property as well as fire knife dances are not allowed in any indoor banquet rooms. Fire knife dancers are required to use a safety net, and are not permitted to perform on our stage. In compliance with the city's "no smoking" ordinance, smoking is not allowed in any part of the hotel.
- While the hotel reserves the right to monitor the noise level of all events with entertainment, all live bands, discos, and dj's must conclude playing music no later than 10:00 p.m. for all function rooms/areas except for the main ballroom which may continue for the duration of your event.
- Entertainers must provide their own sound systems (amplifiers, mixers, microphones, microphone stands, etc.). The hotel may provide these items from an outside vendor if needed at an additional charge. at no time may an outside vendor plug in their equipment to the house/room sound system.
- Disco lights, mirror balls, and smoke machines are prohibited in all of our banquet facilities.
- Corkage, which is the bringing in of your own alcoholic beverages for consumption at a banquet event is strictly prohibited. Any beverage brought to a banquet event will be immediately removed.
- Additional location fee of $2,500.00 to $7,500.00 plus tax to apply for any outdoor event arranging for their own tent to be setup (this does not include the cost of a tent, the fee is an additional fee to hold the location from an earlier time for setup). All tents must be disassembled and removed from the hotel property by 10:30am the following morning and is not to be done during the night.
Please be advised, the moana surfrider, a westin resort adheres to the city & county of honolulu liquor laws.
- Please advise your guests, in order to prevent underage consumption of alcohol, possible age verification will be asked by the hotel staff at any time in the form of a valid us government or state issued id or for visitors from another country their passport. (no photo copies, group name lists, etc, will be accepted).
- Please be advised of the "stacking" laws in regards to beverage consumption. "Stacking" of liquor which by definition means allowing the service for consumption, of more than one drink at a time per customer. If a guest has more than one beverage at any given time, one of the beverages will be taken away immediately.
- At no time is a guest, tc, staff, or anyone who is not authorized by the state of hawaii liquor commission, allowed to help themselves to beverages at the bar, or enter behind the bar in to the bartenders working area.
- The hotel reserves the right to stop the service of alcohol to anyone they feel has had too much to drink. In the event a guest is found to be overly intoxicated, we are required by law to remove the guest from the immediate location. An employee of the hotel will escort the guest off property. No exceptions will be made at anytime, for any reason, to these laws listed above. If the hotel staff feels these rules are not being followed the bar will be closed and beverage service shall end.